Monday, March 28, 2011

An Unofficial Guide to Admission to Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (for NUSHS students ONLY)

This is a guest article, contributed by Roy Ang, class of 2008.

---

If you are reading this article, you must be a prospective applicant for the course of Medicine in NUS – one of the most highly sought after degrees in Singapore. Well, young padawan doctor-to-be, read on!

Due to the high – possibly bordering insane – academic demands of the course, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (YLLSoM) has in place a highly rigorous selection criteria set in place to pick their students to study medicine. Out of 2000+ applicants, only 260+ lucky students get admitted to the school by September. With that kind of admission rates, it is almost as competitive as top universities in US and UK!

I applied for admissions to Medicine in NUS in 2009, and received the offer when I was still in OCS in May that year. While the offer of disruption from NS and joining the many doctors in Singapore was tempting, I eventually decided to reject the offer put forward by YLLSoM. (more details on that in my next article) Though the thought of being an M.D. has since long passed me, I still clearly remember the ardous process I had to put myself through to finally receive that precious piece of good news in that merry month of May.

Without further ado, here’s the rundown on the admissions process.

Read the rest at his blog: http://rangspeakyourmind.wordpress.com/2011/03/29/an-unofficial-guide-to-admission-to-yong-loo-lin-school-of-medicine/

No comments:

Post a Comment